The applicant must be a professed follower of Jesus Christ with a call and commitment to Christian ministry. He or she must be a baptised member in good standing with his or her church.
The academic year is divided into two regular semesters, July to November and January to May, with intensive course terms in January and July. The academic year starts in the July semester, and the application deadlines for Singapore residents who do not need to apply for a Student’s Pass are as below:
- 1 May for application for BTh, MA and MDiv programmes;
- 1 June for application for Diploma and Graduate Diploma programmes.
Students who would like to do the Diploma and Graduate Diploma programmes on a part-time basis may commence their studies in the January semester. The application deadline is 1 November of the previous year.
Submit Application Documents
Please submit the Application Form (click to download) together with all required documents and a S$30 application fee before the application deadline. You may submit the application documents in person or by mail to Baptist Theological Seminary, 1023 Upper Serangoon Road #01-01, Singapore 534761 or by email to [email protected]. Some applicants may be called for an interview at the Seminary.
The application will only be processed after submission of the following documents:
- Copy of NRIC and 2 passport-sized Photos
- Copy of Baptism Certificate
- Copy of Educational Certificates and Transcripts
- Statement of Call and Commitment
- Church Endorsement Form (not required for Advanced Diploma and Graduate Diploma Programmes)
- 3 Personal Reference Forms (1 Pastor, 2 Personal)
- Financial Statement
- Spouse/Fiancé(e) Information Form
- Valid TOEFL/IELTS Score Report (For Singapore Permanent Residents or long term pass holders from non-English speaking cultures)
- Transcript Evaluation Form (if applicable)
S$30 application fee
A non-refundable S$30 application fee must be submitted together with your application. We accept payment in the following modes:
– Cash payment at our Business Office
– Cheque payable to “Baptist Theological Seminary”
Transcript Evaluation for transfer or waiver of credits
Transfer of course credits received from accredited theological institutions may be accepted as partial fulfilment of study programme requirements. Request for a transfer credit evaluation must be made during the application stage. Only courses which are substantially equivalent to the BTS courses, and with a B grade or higher or of an equivalent standard will be considered for credit transfer. The Academic Dean will determine their evaluation and approval.
To request for transfer, please submit the Transcript Evaluation Form (click to download) to the Registrar’s Office together with:
- Official transcripts to be evaluated. All transcripts in a foreign language must be translated into English and notarised by the relevant authority.
- Grading scale of the theological institution that awards the credits to be evaluated.
- Syllabi of all courses to be evaluated.
- A fee of S$50 for every transcript to be evaluated.
Notice of Approval
A provisional letter of acceptance will be sent out from the Registrar’s Office to successful applicants within one month from the application deadline. Those who receive the communication of acceptance must email a reply. The Registrar’s Office will follow up with course registration and provide incoming students with information for preparation for study.